Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My ASUS Transformer Prime

Where to start!
I ordered an Asus Transformer Prime from Amazon.com some time ago. After doing plenty of research on tablets, this was my first choice. The spec sheet alone was enough to convince me! Quad-core CPU, 1gb of ram, a massive HD display, what's not to love?

Well it finally arrived yesterday while I was at work. Needless to say I raced home on my dinner break (currently on arvo shift 1330-2300) to pick it up and put in straight on charge at work.

It was still running Honeycomb 3.2 and naturally when I tethered it to my phones wifi hot spot, it started downloading the Ice Cream Sandwich update straight away.


I was up until 2am this morning playing with my new tablet. Organizing my home screens, getting a feel for the keyboard, watching HD YouTube videos etc.

I even downloaded a few games and was quite impressed with the download speed over Wi-Fi. I played a little bit of Soulcraft too. I am VERY impressed with the graphics quality thus far.

I wrote this complete post using my TFP. First I tried the blogger app from Google Play but you have a lot less control of formatting, layout etc. So I used the browser and went to my blog as if using a PC. It seemed to work OK to start with, until I added a few pictures, then I couldn't get the cursor to move where I wanted it. I'm only using the onscreen keyboard at the moment until I get my dock, so I think this issue will be solved by using the dock keyboard. After this, I went back to the blogger app, so I apologise for the poor formatting of this post!

P.S. The standard android keyboard seems to work much better than the Asus keyboard for posts like this.







No comments:

Post a Comment